Hello! Once again Happy New Year! Tis the season to take a step back and not only reflect on what worked well in the previous year but also to take the time to plan for your hopes and dreams going into the New Year.
Creating New Year resolutions can be scary for some. Personally, I struggle in terms of what is realistic for me to achieve versus not placing myself in a box and reaching for the stars. When it comes to choosing my New Year resolutions, (in my sense I call them goals), below are some tips to consider in order to plan for the best year of your life!
- Think about all aspects of your life and try and organize them into categories. For example, the way I organize my goals is based on the following: family and friends, faith, love life, career, health and fitness, travel and hobbies.
- Think outside the box and brainstorm! Jot down your goals for the year no matter how big or small.
- Now review what you’ve brainstormed and pick up to 3 goals for each category.
- If you can, identify what the short-term versus long term goals are. This will help in terms of keeping your momentum for the new year. See what goals are “quick wins” to keep you motivated, and which goals will take a bit more time.
- Once you’ve chosen your goals start noting down that actions you’ll take to achieve each goal. Write down the work you’ll put into making sure your reach what it is you want to achieve.
- Schedule time throughout the year, (this could be weekly, monthly, or quarterly) where you take the time to review your goals to see if your on track, or if they need to be modified.
Let me know in the comment section below if you have any tips or tricks to making up your New Year’s Resolutions!